WHAT WORK IS REQUIRED TO INSTALL A NEW KITCHEN?
- This can vary and depends on the amount of actions to be done, however generally the following actions are required if you are having the old kitchen completely removed.
- Dismantling of the existing cabinetry and bench tops Plumbing work and electrical work to disconnect the existing fittings. Stripping up any flooring or existing wall tiles.
- Carpentry for any alteration work that is required to modify the room to suit the new design layout Repair of damage to plaster work, or any area that will now be exposed, as a result of a re-designed kitchen layout.
- Plumbing and electrical work to move and replace the old connections, new electrical wiring, water inlet and outlet pipes and gas lines.
- Installation of new cabinetry and bench tops and any ceiling to top cabinet panels (these are called bulk heads)
- Plumbing and electrical work to fit the existing or new appliances (sinks, taps, dishwashers, ovens, cooktops, rangehood.
- Plaster work to repair, patch up, or to fit, any new plaster cornices required to go around any overhead cabinet bulkheads that are part of the new kitchen design.
- Tiling work to fit tiles on cement sheeting for wall protection as required. Alternatively, if glass or stainless steel splash backs have been selected they can now be fitted. Finally any new floor coverings can now be fitted.
- There is a lot of trade work required in a kitchen installation and unless you are fully conversant with the requirements you will find it difficult to coordinate them all
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN CUSTOM MADE AND PREFABRICATED CABINETRY?
- The difference between these is often very noticeable, particularly if you are a discerning person who values the importance of symmetry. In other words you like things to have a balanced look such as cabinets and doors lining up without excessive filler pieces inserted to achieve alignment. You probably won’t be happy with a kitset type kitchen which hasn’t been made to specific size requirements, to suit your exact home.
- Also custom made usually provides more choices in the finishes and colours that you can have, or your selection of fittings and styles of cabinetry heights width and depths.
- However, if you are not concerned about these aspects perhaps a kit kitchen will provide you with a less expensive alternative, although you should keep in mind that generally what ever you pay in the end, will be for a project which will be in place for at the least 10 to 15 years before it will be changed, so in essence a new kitchen fit out is a long term investment.
KITCHEN RENOVATIONS – DL KITCHENS WILL TURN YOUR OLD KITCHEN INTO A DREAM REALITY.
Kitchen Bench Tops
LAMINATED BENCH TOPS
Bench Tops range gives you the beautiful modern look of Stone slab, with the practicality and economy of Laminate. Sharp edges are gone – Square Form benchtops feature seamless, deep square front edge available in a variety of colours.
RECONSTITUTED STONE BENCH TOPS
Caesar Stone, , Silestone, Quantum Quartz and IQuartz surfaces with their properties of stain, scratch, chemical and heat resistance, are the perfect choice of carefree Kitchen counter tops and bathroom vanities all backed by a 10 year warranty.
ACRYLIC SOLID SURFACE BENCH TOPS
Hi-Macs, Corian and Infinity is an advanced non-porous, highly versatile, seamless joins, crack and scratch or chipped repairable decorative material suitable for high wear areas such as kitchens, laboratories and hotels available in a variety of colours. Material can be cut shaped and thermoformed into endless Design applications. Hygienic material resistant to heat, mould, pollutants and bacteria all backed by a 10 year warranty.
Kitchen Materials / Finishes
Melteca melamine finish Doors and panels available in a range of contemporary colours.
THERMO LAMINATED VINYL DOORS
Thermo laminated Vinyl Doors and panels (Vinyl Rap) in 18mm moisture resistant MDF, formed on the face and edges with a durable and decorative surface. Clean practical and hard wearing products, which can be used in all styles of kitchens.
A timber finish gives you a beautiful natural finish, the way nature intended it.
Timber Veneer is an alternative to solid timber which gives you a clean and natural finish in a large variety of timber species. Reconstructed Timber that offers uniformity and evenness of colour, grain and texture.
TWO PACK PAINT FINISH
MDF Doors available on unlimited colours and finishes from Resene or any colour sample. Hardwearing and easy to clean surface. Available in any colour for modern / period style joinery.